Friday, May 30, 2008

Success and Health Recovery

Success finally on a small but important step in the health recovery department. We used to do a 3-mile walk about 4-5 times per week -- leaving the house, going through the neighborhood, then around a walking track, back to the house -- almost exactly three miles. Then I got sick for a long while. So for the first time since about September 2006, I made that walk last night without having to stop and go back home before making it halfway or having to stop at a bench and rest. I'm jazzed.

It was on this same walk that I knew something was wrong with me too. Just had to sit down and send JBear for the car to come and rescue me. Shortly after that was the **diagnosis***. 2006 seems so long ago now, but I guess it has just been a little over 1-1/2 years since all of this started happening to me.

Last night was the first time that I felt like I was really maybe going to get back to where I was health-wise prior to the thyroid cancer surgery. Yay me! Hopefully we've turned a corner and all good things will come our way :)

1 comment:

BritGal' Sarah said...

That's a great thing to celebrate and I understand the significance to you. As you said onwards and upwards now :-)