Monday, June 30, 2008

An Award!




Thanks to Britgal Sarah on giving me this Arte Y Pico Award. I am very jazzed to win it based on Photoshop skills because, let's face it, I'm totally self-taught and it took me a year to figure out what everyone else got in two classes at the junior college. :)
The award evidently originates in Uruguay and I will have to go pay a visit to that blog site and study up! I am actually quite taken with some photos of Uruguay which have been turning up on a photo site that I belong to. The gentleman takes some gorgeous sunset photos and always leaves me very nice comments on my work as well. See Raulo here. I want to go hang out on whatever beach he is hanging out at.

Now, as to naming five blogs to comply with the rules-- that is a challenge. Although we started blogging about the same time, I think Sarah has done much more blog collecting than me. There are several I read, but I'm more about clicking on all the links and seeing where they take me. And I haven't been good about saving those sites I like or commenting on them, so ..... I have only one that springs to mind that meets the requirements set out below, and that is Janet's cooking blog (Range Warfare), which I do like to read and salivate over quite a bit! I would name Pioneer Woman, but she doesn't know me from Adam and has more admirers than she can handle anyway.

So I reserve the right to choose four more bloggers over the course of time and will carry on the award as and when I see someone deserving. And I know Janet might think of this as chain-letter-y, so she can opt out and no feelings will be hurt! But I do love looking at her yummy food. Partly because I'm dieting!

Here are the rules that accompany this esteemed award.

1. Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material and also contribute to the blogging community.

2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog.

3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award.

4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5. Show these rules.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Pam, I'm honored, and delighted that you think my blog worthy of this award.

I've not been feeling well for a few days, but this has brightened my day no end.

Thank you so much.

Jan said...

Pam, I'm sorry, I was so surprised to receive this award that I forgot to congratulate you on your
award. Well done, and keep up the good work.