Sunday, June 22, 2008

A photo to make me happy



Nothing much from me today. Been a bit **under the weather** for some odd reason and slept for about four hours today! BLISS! Anyway, ran across this photo on the computer today and will admit that this one particular photo is among the things that got me interested in photography again. Took this Wood Nymph Fairy Girl at the Mideival Fair (or however you spell that dang word) in Norman a few years ago. I had my first little Kodak digital (4MP), and really, it took the best pics of any camera I have had since. I did some things right with this photo without even knowing it at the time ... fill flash and rule of thirds. But the colors were so bright and cheery it made me want to duplicate the success of this photo again.

So for rule of thirds, you draw an imaginary tic-tac-toe across the photo and you place your most important subject along where the lines cross. In this pic, she is placed along the right third line. There is also an interesting diagonal from the tree down to the bottom left corner. The camera was new and I hadn't figured out how to turn off the flash, so every photo was taken with a flash. Well, WHO KNEW, that in bright sunlight, that is the perfect thing to do! She was interestingly on some very high stilts, so I just held the camera up high to get her face. This photo was a pure accident but now, a few cameras later, it is still one of my faves on the ole 'puter.

So anyway, a photo to make me happy and inspire me to get out there and take some more soon!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

BritGal' Sarah said...

Great piccie, we are definitely going to have that camera lesson and Photoshop whilst you're here!

BritGal' Sarah said...

OH! Medieval

Janet said...

According to my Oxford Concise Dictionary it is Mediaeval, or Medieval, as Sarah said. But nice photo.