Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Centerpiece



Oooh, I love when you get to take a centerpiece home. This is from the banquet dinner on Monday night where I was part of the decorations committee. I was drafted onto this committee, actually. Kathy, who really was in charge, was asking for ideas for certain projects, I had an idea for her, then next thing I knew .... poof, there I was on the committee, attending meetings, volunteering my weekend for goodness sake, getting a cheesy blue nylon shirt to wear for three days straight and then ultimately meeting wonderful people from all over the southern U.S. I bonded briefly with a family from Macon, Georgia (glad ya'll got some free cowgirl hats) and a lovely older husband/wife from Maryland (they do talks on the Lewis & Clark expedition).

Anyway, the centerpiece is a small square glass vase with a few artsy pebbles in the bottom and two hydrangea blooms. Simple, elegant, classy and I likey. Beautiful on the black tablecloth with white place settings. Thanks Kathy and Nancy for getting me involved. I mean that. Really. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Looks like you have had a busy and fun few days Pam :-)

Karen M said...

Hi Pam,

I got your message about joining in on the next Brenda's Photo Challenge. That's great! Nice Blog. I love the centerpiece. It sounds like you have a full life. I look forward to seeing your NUMBERS photos on the 26th.

Karen said...

I just found your blog through loved and engraved. I'm an Okie too! I grew up in OKC and now live in Texas. (Don't hold it against me). I look forward to reading more of your blog.