Saturday, July 12, 2008

FairyGirl

This is the daughter of Selden, a photoshop friend at work. He draws monsters and robots. I create angels. So he wanted his girl given the fairy wing treatment. Found a rapunzel like castle for the background, used some butterfly brushes, a moon brush, some vines for the castle tower, some bird wings, and voile' .... FairyGirl. Selden, I would love to try this again with a sharper photo of your girl :)

Obviously didn't make the pool party tonight because of allergies (me) and weather outside. But it gave me time to make an angel.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Janet said...

Sorry to hear about your allergies, mine haven't been as bad this year due to all the storms and rain. Not that I'm complaining, at least the rain has kept the temps a bit lower than normal. I loathe the heat.

Lovely picture, it's a little surreal, I like it!

Brenda said...

Hi Pam! Thanks for dropping by and thank you for your interest in our photo challenge. We're all newbies in the photography department and I thought up this challenge as a way for us to hone up our skills and get our creative juices flowing. We'd LOVE to have you join us.

Our new hostess for the next challenge is Karen M, her link is over in the sidebar on my site in the photo challenge links. Just drop by her blog and leave a comment to let her know you want to join in the current challenge. She's posted the rules in her current post.

Again, thank you!

Brenda said...

P.S. I love what you've done with the FairyGirl portrait! Maybe you can give us a tutorial on how you do it. :-)