Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Tagged for Guilty Song Pleasures!

I've been tagged by Britgal to provide five songs that it is embarrassing to admit I like. So I've thought about it for most of the day and hopefully have come up with some good ones.

Here are the rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog
2. Share 5 songs you are embarrassed to admit to others that you like and tell why.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.

So here are my song choices:

1. Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now by The Smiths (Morrissey). Not really an embarrassing choice but it is an unusual song for sure. "Why, oh why, do I give valuable time to people who don't care if I live or if I die". Love that lyric. Reminds me of work some days.

2. Regresa A Mi by Il Divo. This is really Unbreak My Heart (Toni Braxton) in a foreign language. Maybe Italian. Might be Spanish. Either way, it is so gorgeous it makes me want to cry. Why is it embarrassing? Just the fact that it is by Il Divo. But the way those voices blend ... divine.

3. Shoop by Salt 'N Pepa. This is embarrassing because Babygirl, back when she was about 12, used to run around the house singing this song and hopefully before she knew what the lyrics meant. Why is that embarrassing? Uh, those LYRICS are little graphic maybe. But it is clever, clever, clever and is just a fun song and reminds me a bit of my running mates back in the Pre-John era. "Here I go, Here I go, Here I go again, girls what's my weakness? Men!" ... "Can I get some fries with that shake shake boobie, if looks could kill you would be an Uzi, you're a shotgun, BANG! What's up with that thang! ...."

4. Strokin' by Clarence Carter. Okay, this song IS definitely from the Pre-John era and me and my homegirls danced many a mile to it at Sherlock's. Embarrassing due to the graphic lyrics, but what a fun dance song. And it isn't to be confused with that all time classic Sherlock's song, Knock on Wood, which is the song they do "The Gator" to at that club. And if you haven't see "The Gator" at Sherlock's, well, that's a post for another day. "Stroke it, Clarence Carter!" "Stroke it to the east, stroke it to the west, stroke it to the woman that I love the best"

5. The Last Farewell by Roger Whittaker. Could there be a cheesier or sappier song? But it has a beautiful melody and heartfelt lyrics and it was sung to us by a strolling ukelele player at a restaurant after we got married. "For you are beautiful, and I have loved you dearly, more dearly than the spoken word can tell."

I'm not going to tag anyone, but feel free to copy and play along! I saw that The Troll over at The Troll Report has a meme up also, I may have to go copy that one for tomorrow!

1 comment:

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

OMG Roger Whittaker - now that is embarrassing...snicker!

Great list Pam and love the reasonings :-)