Saturday, August 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Johnny!



The third of the family's August birthdays is my own hoobie, John, seen here at the top of the world in Greenland. He's shown me the world, given me the world, and rocks my world (phrase stolen directly from "Rock of Love" with Brett Michaels, one of John's fave shows, hehe). It is a landmark 50th birthday for him this year and we've got a little trip planned to celebrate. More importantly, it is the 20th anniversary of his arrival in the United States. He came to Oklahoma on the very day of his 30th birthday, was upgraded to first class for the flight over and drank champagne the whole way here, was met on the ground by his BAe friends, who continued the celebration. I'm glad he received a warm reception here. We met a few months later and the rest is, so they say, history.
XOXOXO to my husband and Happy Birthday Johnny!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Janet said...

Many happy returns, John. And many more of them.

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

Aww we missed it! Happy Birthday John-boy, actually a little less of the boy now! ;-)