Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Photoshop Magic for Deb



Deb, a friend from work, had an 8-8-8 wedding in the family. This is her daughter Victoria, with grandma and the Groom (cowboy hat guy). She was showing me the photos the other day, so I was like .... send them to me and let me play some!!!!

So lesson #1 is the crop. Using a 5x7 cropping tool in Photoshop, I zoom in on the Bride, remembering the rule of thirds and putting her on the left vertical line with her eye near where it crosses with the upper horizontal line. Think tic-tac-toe.

#2 - Cloning tool used to continue the background curtains over grandma to isolate the Bride. It looks a bit messy there to her right, but not too awful bad.

#3 - Now, here I think she is blending into the background curtains a little too much, so I changed them to a nice blue to make her pop a bit more.

#4 - Run a clean-up and skin tone action to help with noise and color.

Voile'. Victoria as a beautiful bride.

P.S. The bride wore white cowgirl boots!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Karen M said...

I'm impressed! I think I'll try some of your tricks. Thanks for sharing.

Janet said...

That's amazing, Pam! I can't believe the transformation. Great job.