Thursday, February 05, 2009

Henry & Stella



Excuse my indulgence with some old family photos today. Ran across these buried on the computer (where I find some really good stuff at times). This is just so Babygirl aka Kmwthay will have these photos for future reference.

Henry A. & Stella. They were Big PaPa's mom and dad. Their wedding photo is first. Don't you love her Gibson Girl hairstyle? And you will see why Aunt Carole thinks Erik looks like this side of the family. Second is the same couple on probably their 50th wedding anniversary. A little more dour maybe, but really, a bit more cuddly with each other than Photo #1.

So another snippet: Stella is of the family who (supposedly) is from the castle John and I went to see in Scotland. (I don't want to use surnames on here just for privacy issues ...) ...
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THOSE PICS!!! LOOKS LIKE YOU HAVE THE SAME EYES AS THAT LADY IN THE PIC FROM WHAT I CAN TELL.
XOXOXOXO
JEN

icando26.2 said...

Old photographs are such treasures! Is that a pin on his lapel in the first picture? I wonder what it was . . . ?

kmwthay said...

I can definitely tell in the 2nd pic the resemblance to Erik. I thought it way big papa at first but way confused because that definitely wasn't granny! Great hidden treasurers!

Janet said...

People always looked so serious on those old photos, Pam. Thanks for sharing your memories.