Friday, February 27, 2009

Sally is a Changed Kitty


Here's Sally O'Malley from when her was a baby kitten. She's still a cutie pie. BUT ... get this ... Miss-Stand-Offish has changed quite a bit! We attribute it to three factors --

1. The disappearance of her obsessive-compulsive boyfriend (the missing M.G. cat)

2. The appearance of two non-chalant rascals known as Lewis and Sterling, who really don't care if she is in the room with them or not ... it is amazing how much she wants to be seen when the guys don't care!

3. Move to a new house!

In fact, I came home sick from work on Thursday afternoon and collapsed in a heap on the bed for a snooze. I knew a kitty jumped on the bed and was demanding attention (the "yes-you-will-pet-me-head-under-the-hand" maneuver) ... I assumed it was Sterling, but he usually purrs really loud. Then I felt the collar. Sally is the only kitty in the house wearing a collar and tag. OMG! New ground has been broken! She approached ME for attention. Will wonders never cease~~!!! Then, more amazingly, she cruised by my lap on the sofa later in the evening!

Maybe Miss Sally is developing a personality apart from her icy prom queen persona!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Brit' Gal Sarah said...

LMAO she sounds just like Cal-Jo and her metamorphasis into lap cat! It happened with her after we got Bon-Bon, so maybe it's being a 3 cat household too?! Terribly cute piccie BTW.

Hope all's well and you're now ok, I'm guessing you maybe overdid it? I have had a blip the past 24 hours after getting off BP meds too soon and going hyper. Spoke to Dr OKC and he fixed me up good.

kmwthay said...

I just don't believe it. I can't believe it. I have to see it to believe it.
No way. Little Miss Don't-Come-Near-Me-because-I-don't-like-to-be-touched came up to you for a head rub? No way.

Boxer said...

this is what I like about cats. My cat would "flip me off" if he could, my dogs? They follow me from room to room.

What a sweet face. :-)

Janet said...

She is probably feeling very unsettled by the move. Cats don't like change, they are very much creatures of habit, and she will be looking for reassurance from you.

BTW, great photo, she's a real cutie.

Janet said...

She is probably feeling very unsettled by the move. Cats don't like change, they are very much creatures of habit, and she will be looking for reassurance from you.

BTW, great photo, she's a real cutie.