Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Gotta Love Tornado Season

Welp, there we were, turning off the lights to go get ready for bed.   What happens?  WOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOWOOOOO.  Tornado sirens.  Back to the living room, turn on the TV, find out that a torndo sprung up out of nowhere near downtown OKC.  Five mintues ago when the TV was turned off, no tornado anywhere near us.  Just when you think it is safe to go to bed …. ha.  It still was nowhere near us, and I do think they are a little free with running those sirens.  But it gets my attention for sure!

8 comments:

kmwthay said...

Uh!!!! There is one redeveloping and headed right toward me! I wish I wasn't home alone!

pamokc said...

Are you watching it closely? That must be the one they blew the siren for up here. Why are they heading south instead of north? Yikes. I will check the radar right now.

pamokc said...

Okay Kymmie, why did you move to Moore, now you have me worried! You know the track record down there, ha. Ha (i think)

kmwthay said...

Yes watching close! But I don't have a battery radio if I need to go get in the closet. Its still hovering around 89th and eastern Bryant area. Ugh! I'm to scared to go to bed! Me so tired!

Nan-Nan said...

Haha! Check out my post! We are like-minded tonight! Glad you are safe, Friend!!!

Clausewitz said...

Oi. Parabéns por seu excelente blog. Gostaria de lhe convidar para visitar meu blog e conhecer alguma coisa sobre o Brasil. Abração

Boxer said...

this is when I'm not unhappy about living in the PNW. OK, it might be cold and raining.. today!... but no tornados.

Stay safe. All of you.

Janet said...

We were hiding in the closet after a tornado warning last week too. We have had some pretty horrendous storms this spring. Last time I looked rainfall was something like 12 inches up for the year - though it may be more now.