Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Car Show

DSC_0945

Saturday was the 12th Annual Big Kahuna car show over in Mustang, America, complete with muscle cars and hot rods and a few newer classics.  Here’s John riding shotgun with work buddy Dave, in Dave’s Buick Wildcat.  I had never even heard of such a car.  Cool it is though!

DSC_1028

We’ve made friends with this couple who come out every year.  The small world story is that they know Sister Carole through their kids’ high school football.

 

DSC_1050 

Here’s little Kate who has the bluest eyes I ever did see.  She belongs to another couple who work with John.

DSC_1065

The band this year was “Slingblade”, who were voted the best garage band in their half-block area in Mustang, America.  They were actually VERY good and fun.  Would have been up dancing if it hadn’t have been a thousand degrees out there.

DSC_0868

We took the MG out to the Big Kahuna.  I had to carry the ice chest on my lap!  Forgot to get a pic of our **classic** while we were out there.

Sunday brought some photos of my work friend Kathy’s daughter’s graduation party (from college) … will post some of those tomorrow!

3 comments:

Brit Gal Sarah said...

What a fun day you had.

Work Friend Kathy said...

I think it was the hottest day I've survived...! Could it have been the nerves, excitement and anxiety of being the mother of the groom?

Pam said...

Sarah: Yes, fun, but not as fun as work friend Kathy had .. see below ..

Kathy: Yes, I think it was TOTALLY being the mother of the groom! Wish we could have done both, and blame me, I didn't get us booked in time!