Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful


This year, I'm thankful. For oh so very much.

For my family.
The power of healing.
For a daughter who continues to impress me.
Old friends who cross my path.
New friends who I may never meet in person.
For getting an all-clear on a cancer scan.
For getting to help people on occasion.

My mom used to throw the best Thanksgiving get-togethers in the whole family. It hasn't been the same since she's been gone. I was feeling a little sad about it recently but John put things in pespective. Thankfulness. Thankful for what we had and the long time we had it. So what if it is not the same now ... we had it while we had it; and it was great. And for that I am very thankful indeed.


AND BY THE WAY, Kymmie's computer is down ... she hopes to be up and running by this weekend.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brit Gal Sarah said...

John is right, we all have alot to be thankful for. I am thankful we both started blogs, found each other and have become good friends and get to spend time together.

Happy Thanksgiving to you both from us.

Boxer said...

I've always loved that picture and I tend to enjoy Thanksgiving more than Christmas. Less stress, FOUR days off and an opportunity to feel grateful and thankful for all we have.

Have a wonderful weekend.

(and happy day to you too Kym!)

Aunty Belle said...

Oh ho! Love that pic--

Pamokc, how fabulous to have these lovely memories! A treasure to be thankful fer indeed.

I'se grateful yore scan is clear--cause I'se had such fun wif' ya an' expect many more fun times ahead.

Love to John and Kymical!!

Milk River Madman said...

Pam,

Best wishes to you and to Kymmie. I was telling my sister about two of my loyal readers from Oklahoma and much I enjoy you both. Enjoy the holiday.

MRM

K9 said...

ahhhh a clear scan. indeed we are thankful! enjoy your football day! and food and family and wild kittens. happy thanksgiving!

moi said...

I was wondering where Miss Kym was. Tell her Happy Thanksgiving from Moi. And may I extend my wishes to you and the rest of yours for a very Happy Thanksgiving and my thankfulness for your all-clear scan! Enjoy your weekend!