Sunday, December 27, 2009

Coyote Patrol

coyote closer2

The kids were outside playing in the snow.  I looked out to check on them.  Thought I saw a German Shepherd doggy making its way across the road.  I was wrong.  No German Shepherd.  Is Coyote!  Trekking it down to the creek (the treeline) … I hope.  Who was oblivious?   Uh, Sterling Jenson Stewart the Third.

Let’s have a closer-up look:

coyotex

lewis and sterling2

Lewis Cat, however, was on high alert.  His back was bristling and his tail was fluffed. He knew Mr. Coyote didn’t belong.   Sterling?  He was oblivious.

Weenie boy

He saw me at the window and started meowing to get in.   And this is why we also call him “Weenie Boy”.

Sterling this is more like it

“Ahhhh, this is more like it,” says Sterling while Lewis remained on Coyote Patrol outside.

 

9 comments:

Brit Gal Sarah said...

I have a feeling Sukie would {non} react in the exact same way!!

Kymical Reactions said...

Um... I think y'all need to get a lil .22 to keep the coyotes at bay.

carmar76 said...

Eeek!

TROLL Y2K said...

I couldn't tell how close the coyote was to lunch. Errr..Sterling.

Boxer said...

We had one on the beach property last year and I was one that was scared. Great photos and I was glad to see the last photo the most. And Kym's comment made me laugh.

K9 said...

and sterling is a weenie because why? he likes it by the fire on a snowy day? grrrrrrherhahahahah give that cat a ceegar!

Karl said...

Good evening Pam,

Looks like he went his way and the cats went their's.

Hope you enjoyed your holiday.

Aunty Belle said...

yeow!

How close to woods is y'all? Assume thar's a handy dandy city coyote removal serice?

Pam said...

No handy dandy coyote removal service, at all ... except Kymmie's .22. May have to borrow. I've never seen so many coyotes in my life .. hearing them was one thing but seeing them ... that's another. Saw one in a field on the way to work this morning. Saw a dead one on the side of the road this evening. I think my cats are killing their food supply.