Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ghost of Christmas Past #1


We moved house this year and when looking for Christmas things in the attic, found a box that had been missing for several years. And it was this box that held the treasures of my Christmas pasts. Thought I'd post a few pics on the run-up to Christmas.

Here's my fave. Snoopy. He was a big gift tag that my mom used year after year on whatever gift she gave me at the time. That is my mom's handwriting on the tag. I think he showed up about the time I was a young teen, so he didn't get as mangled as might could have happened. But as you can see, Snoopy has definitely been through the mill. He's a bit scruffy. The white ball on his Santa hat is missing. Once he came to live at my house, I used to set him in the Christmas tree as an ornament. I haven't seen him in ages, but now he is sitting next to my computer and keeping me company all season. And I love him.

Ghost of Christmas Past #1.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kymical Reactions said...

:)

Pam said...

Kymmie: Oh don't you dare think one of these CHristmas Pasts won't apply to YOU! grrrhahaha

Boxer said...

more please.

K9 said...

awesome! its funny the things we keep and treasure. i so totally get that. and your mom is forever with you this way.

Merry Christmas!!!! xoxoxox

TROLL Y2K said...

He may be a tad scruffy but he brings back good memories.

Merry Christmas!

moi said...

THIS is what I mean when I tell people we should be proud to be a materialistic species. Objects can carry not only history, but also emotion.

carmar76 said...

Awww! I love the history & love that can surround this time of year. : )