Thursday, December 24, 2009

Ghost of Christmas Past #4

silent night1

Silent Night Ornament. 

Oh, this one dates WAYYYYY back.  All the way back to mom’s silver/aluminum Christmas tree in the early 60’s.  Sister Carole and I would argue every year (and I do mean EVERY YEAR) over who got to hang this special “Silent Night” ornament.   This year, I hung it on the schefflera because we didn’t put a Christmas Tree up.  But I did put twinkle lights on that plant!

Now, here’s the strange thing.  There was/is always this other green ornament, very similar to Silent Night:

 silent night2

Did me and Sister Carole argue over who hung this one?  No.  Why?  No idea.  It was the red one, not the green one that we wanted to hang and argued over.  Oh, and Silent Night was always the last one hung on the tree also.  Silent Night was ALWAYS saved for last.  Again, these date way way back.  I’m in the Way Way Back Machine this Christmas, I guess!

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Kymical Reactions said...

those were my favorite too!