Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ghost of Christmas Past - Last one for this year


I've posted several Ghosts of Christmas Past recently and will give it up after today! In fact, I think I will put all the decorations away today.

This stocking (green felt, well it used to be green felt but now is faded to a greeny-gray color) with Santa face and Christmas trees, was mine as a very young child. I can remember that it was my dad who got the Elmer's glue out and carefully did the lettering for the gold glitter name. My effort some years later on the purple sock was definitely not so great.

This green stocking is seen in one of the home movies, along with the companion sock for Sister Carole and Brother Steve. But no one knows where those two companion pieces are.

Mine has been with me a long time. Must have been sent home with me by mom at some point. Age of this stocking? Probably circa 1961 or 1962.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

fishy said...

Vintage Pam! Wonderful. Sorry to hear about the blizzard, stay safe and party smart.

Brit Gal Sarah said...

Now that's vintage and still cute. Hope you had a great Christmas.

Pam said...

Hi Fishy, vintage indeed.

Sarah: The things take on new meaning when you don't have the people any more.

moi said...

Hey gal, just dropping by to make sure you all have dug yourselves out safely after the storm. It blew in here Tuesday, dropped about six inches, and then I guess gathered more force as it headed your way. Anyway, enjoyed your Christmas Past posts and hope you and yours had a wonderful Christmas!

Pam said...

Moi - yes we are safe and sound. Kymmie is the one who had a harrowing event, you can read about it on her page! 14 inches here -- a record! Try to keep that snow back in your area this next week, okay?