Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Oklahoma City’s Favorite Christmas Carol

Here’s how you know it is really Christmas around my part of the world … The B. C. Clark Jingle.  The annual Christmas luncheon at work included a carol sing-a-long – well guess what, this was the only song where EVERYONE knew all the words.  They start showing it right after Thanksgiving.  I’m telling you, this jingle has a life all its own. 

B.C. Clark’s is the “Tiffany’s of Oklahoma City” (according to Megan Mullally), and I must say when I lived out of state that it never felt like the holidays without this song on TV.

So thought I’d track down a few versions from You Tube and do my part to perpetuate the legend that is the:

“B.C. Clark Christmas Jingle”.

Here’s Megan Mullalley (sp?) singing it on Jay Leno a few years ago:

Here’s the local hockey team singing the jingle.  Note Coach Sauter in Santa gear.  Too funny.  He’s known for his wacky face-wear.

This year, it looks like some local tap dancers got into the action:

An acoustic version:

A local elementary school:

This one, though, made me the happiest!  It is on Youtube and looks like a video greeting a young couple in Louisiana made for family back home in Oklahoma.

So everyone … let’s join in!

Jewelry is the gift to give, ‘cause it’s the gift that will live and live!

So give the gift you know can’t fail, from B.C. Clark’s anniversary sale!

Most sales are AFTER Christmas but Clark’s is just BEFORE!

Most everything is marked way down!  Savings you can’t ignore!

At Oklahoma’s oldest jeweler, since 1892!

So give the gift you know can’t fail from B.C. Clark’s anniversary sale!

(and no, I don’t expect everyone to watch each video!)

6 comments:

Pam said...

And yes, there are several more versions on Youtube! Santa must come down the hill of snow on that sled before it is Christmas in Oklahoma City!

Kymical Reactions said...

YAY!!!! It's been stuck in my head for a week now. I know there is a version out there somewhere of Kristen Chenoweth AND Megan Mullally singing it together. I think on Ellen. go find!

carmar76 said...

Oh that last one is the cutest! I love local jingles. And holiday traditions. It's so neat to see so many ppl connected by something that is shared & yet so unique. Ya know? : )

Thanks for sharing these!! (And now this jingle is in my head...)

Pam said...

Kymmie, I just went and looked, but couldn't find it, however did find a funny version of Megan & Kristin singing Boomer Sooner from Megan's old tv show. Let me know if you find it!

Carmy: Glad to share with you, come back next Christmas and listen again because now you will need this jingle before you can start your holidays.

Karl said...

Good morning Pam,

Funny I don't remember these commercials. I must've seen them, but I don't remember them.

Neat take on your Mute Monday presentation. Interesting to see the difference perspectives between reality and Hollywood.

TROLL Y2K said...

It's stuck in MY head now!