Sunday, December 20, 2009

On the way home plus random thoughts


My view from the road on the way home from work the other day. Loved seeing the sunlight through the windshield of the truck in front. Scruffy old road, but it sure beats the traffic on the main road.

And I'm really sad about the death of Brittany Murphy.  Who didn't love her as Ty in clueless?  Methinks she went the way of Karen Carpenter perhaps?  This one was really a surprise to read about today.

Had a few folks over for a small dinner party.  Sister Carole and some second-cousins.  Only enough people to sit around the ***formal*** dining room table.  Very nice.

John is off work for two weeks, having some use-or-lose time from work he had to take care of.  I'll be back at the office all gloomy because he is off having fun and I'm ... well, at the office.  But want to save my vacay days in case we get to do something fun next year.

Countdown to Christmas is on.  Been a lovely holiday so far.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Joanna Cake said...

I was stunned about Britney Murphy too. You could be right about the KC thing.
1980 was the year I met my (ex) Husband. I remember it well, particularly John Lennon.
Happy MM and Merry Christmas x