Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Somedays, with a goodbye to Tim

A little sad for some friends these last few days; got word on Sunday that a man we knew had passed away from a sudden heart attack. Tim. He was my age. A 1957 model. Age 52. A former State Rep, staunchly conservative, and I mean STAUNCHLY conservative, so was often on the receiving end of bad press from folks who were a bit more liberal. Which was mostly everyone, not sure anyone could be more conservative than Tim. "He's so far right that he is hanging on with his left hand." He did battle; made mistakes out of over-enthusiasm; got in trouble with some folks; did battle some more. Basically, lived life with conviction. Maybe he had more stress on him in recent years that might have led to this heart attack, but he was lifting himself and family up out of a bad time. And he gave a neck massage like no one else. So, today's post: God bless Tim and family.

This is how my brother died -- sudden heart attack at age 42. And the same happened to a cousin at age 53. You never know when your day will come, so everyone -- please live your life to the fullest. Don't put things off.

When we first started dating, John told me that "someday" he would take me to visit England. I shushed him up right quick. At that time, I didn't believe in "somedays." My dating track record would have been that I was promised something and it didn't materialize. So I shushed him. Well, he changed all that. He lived up to his word. We were discussing this last night while watching The Bachelor (yes, I know; but he's hooked on the show, what can I say? Must be the girls in bikinis).

Anyhoo, I am now a believer in "somedays". But don't put them off. Make arrangements for them to come true. Open that door of opportunity and step through it. Don't just say you would like to go to Europe one day. Or that you want to research your family tree one day. Or that one day you will finally read that book you always intended to read. Whatever your ONE DAY is, do it.

A favorite quote: "You don't regret the things you do, you regret the things you DON'T do."

And to my family: I love you all dearly
.

4 comments:

♥Georgie♥ said...

my condolences on the loss of your friend...
How exciting a trip to England and I do admit i did LOL a lil bit at the fact John watches The Bachelor LOL...my hubby is a die hard soap fan

Brit Gal Sarah said...

So sorry about your friend, that's just too young.

Wise words indeed and ones I live by, as you know!

The Senator's Wife said...

Great Post!

carmar76 said...

I'm sorry about Tim! He lived a good life, and was a man of integrity.

Very good post!