Saturday, March 20, 2010

A little Photochoppy magic

 london bus sel color

A lady on a photo site I belong to posted this photo above.  I love the selective color of the London bus but asked if I could try my hand at removing the post that is blocking the view.

So here below is my effort!  I’m pretty pleased.

london bus sel color clone copy

Might could have done a better job along the bumper and headlights, but this was fairly intricate and good exercise for my getting-rusty-cloning-in-photochoppy skills.

The snow it snoweth here in Oklahoma today.   ***SIGH****   I can’t even tell you what I’ve been up to lately.  (Uh, not much.)  Cheesy movies have set in and there may or may not be video later of Sally Cat starring in “The Burning Bed”; an on-going real-life saga of the hate between girl cat and her abuser.

6 comments:

chickory said...

you did an amazing job! id like to see you comment on the steps you took to make the change so seamlessly.

Pam said...

Morning Chickiboom. Hmmmm, I might have to think about how to do a step-by-step on the procedure. I'm not textbook on how I go about things (being self-taught) but if I get those rascally taxes sorted out today maybe I can work on a step-by-step this evening. Just that alone will be a good snow-day project for me.

chickory said...

well dont kill yourself! you can keep it simple like: i used the clone stamp. lol (which it looks like you did waaaay more)

Pam said...

Chicky: That's about it actually ... Control J to copy the original layer (much like excel, you don't "F" with your source document) ... select clone, select a brush with an air-brush tip at a size you can handle; enlarge the photo using magnifying glass ... start cloning away...

Karl said...

Good evening Pam,

Looks good to me, although I have photo shop have trouble making red eye-reduction work.

Pam said...

Karl, I do red-eye reduction in the free Picasa program. It actually works best for me in that department.