Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Movie Clip Wedesday on Tuesday Night

 

For my movie clip of the week (Theme: Favorite Animated Movie) … I choseWe are Siamese, If you Pleasefrom Disney’s Lady and the Tramp.  Mainly because I’m living this life and had a similar incident with my own purple scarf recently, but it truly is an early memory of animated movies for me.  Almost chose the sharing-spaghetti scene with Tramp and Lady, but this is the one that spoke to me today.  (“We are Siamese, if you DON’T PLEASE).  Ack.  The story of my life.  And I don’t even have Siamese kitties.

mcw

Click the link below to play along and/or comment on all the videos uploaded.

Boxer's Movie Clip Wednesday

 

8 comments:

Boxer said...

I grew up with a few Siamese cats and this is a great representation. OK, so I don't hate Lady and the Tramp either, but that's because much of the early animation was actually GOOD. Hard working artists labored to make truly beautiful images come alive. Nothing wrong with that. Good pick!

Joanna Cake said...

I can remember being fascinated by this scene when I was a kid and, of course, the song was brilliant.

Pam said...

Boxie: Yes, I agree. Great effort was made to make the mannerisms perfect. And look at the detail in the background ... carpet pattern, wallpaper pattern. This was true art.

Joanna: This is probably the earliest animated movie I remember seeing. Substitute one black cat and one gray tabby for those two Siamese and you have my life as we speak. With Sallycat as Lady.

Milk River Madman said...

I almost got jinxed!! Thought about a scene from this. Great choice.

Karl said...

Good morning Pam,

Disney before they went to the dark side. Their early stuff was so well done.

Thank you, for the software suggestion, I will give it a try.

Buzz Kill said...

I can remember as a kid having a Disney album with music from all of the then current animated movies. And this was one of the songs on the album. I remember thinking it was a cool song because of the Chinese sound that it had. I got beat up a lot as a child.

Happy MCW!

chickory said...

oh yes. this is an excellent choice. i like to sing this myself. just elegant evil cats. so very true to life. ;-)
loved it. thanks! and, happy MCW

Pam said...

Milky: I think Lady and Tramp is one of Disney's all-time best.

Karl: I agree, the mannerisms on the animals are perfection in this era. Let me know how that software works for you.

Buzzy: It's a great song on its own merits and I'm sorry you got beat up as a kid .... heh. But it made a man of you eh?

Chicky: I love how they work in unison to wreak havoc. Create mayhem. Welcome to the world of STerling and Lewis.