Thursday, April 22, 2010

EARTH DAY MEMORY

It has been 40 years of "Earth Day".  So I sent Sister Carole a memory of 1970 Earth Day .... we had to share a bedroom back in those days (torture!).  We painted our room "Ecology Green" to celebrate.  It was a horrendous color.  But we had to live with it a couple of years because, well, we made the decision for the color and our mom was one to make you live with a decision.   Sister Carole sent back a memory -- she rode her Schwin bicycle to the high school on that first Earth Day!  Unbelievable.  Probably the last time she rode one, too ....  ;)

And that brings me to a quick Sister Carole update:  Doing great, working full time, all parts and pieces put back together.  Still some healing to do inasfar as energy and rest is concerned.  But prayers work and she's the living proof.   Yay for a normal life.

4 comments:

Milk River Madman said...

So happy for you and especially Sister Carole.

Limey said...

I am so happy to hear things are back to (almost) normal for your sister. Wonderful news.

Go green!

Boxer said...

yay for a normal life, I agree. I'm always happen to hear updates on her health. I shared a room with my sister for years and while it too was "torture" I know it's also why we're still so close and I think the same is for you two?

Happy Earth Day.

TROLL Y2K said...

Happy for you and Sister Carole.

Great news!