Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday … Best Rainy Day Movie

Ooooh, what a great theme Ms. Boxie!!!  Love a good Rainy Day Movie!

I chose a fave movie that I can watch over and over and over again … The Man Who Knew Too Much starring Doris Day and Jimmy Stewart.  Intrigue and drama.  Mother missing a child.  And that song.  Que sera sera.

Now, this isn’t my favorite scene from the movie exactly and the song will get on your nerves.  But look at the story that is told with the camera work … you climb those stairs with her voice as it reaches higher and higher.

I chose this clip based on the length of it … the clip I found of my favorite scene – the one at Albert Hall where she screams and saves the diplomat – well if that isn’t perfection in movie making, I don’t know what is.

4 comments:

Joanna Cake said...

LOL, Another film I loved but totally forgot about - except, of course, for that song. I often find myself humming and singing that one in response to some of life's adversities :)

Milk River Madman said...

Doris Day was hot. I've only scene (get it? scene? bwhahahaha) this movie once. Well done. Happy MCW.

Boxer said...

Oh, I love this movie and that song? Heart breaking. At first, it's sung out of love for her son/family... then it's sung in near desperation to find her son/family. Doris Day at her best and I'm a huge Jimmy Stewart fan. HUGE. Great pick. I need to see this again.

Karl said...

Good evening Pam,


Good pick, Doris Day was a fine talent. And Jimmy Stewart, well...not only of fine talent. But a great American.