Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday – Worst Casting

A movie series that did NOT need to be re-made.  And when they did, it is Steve Martin starring as Inspector Clouseau, who plays it as a buffoon.  It should be intelligent situational comedy, not so much slapstick.  We usually love Steve Martin, but do NOT feel he did a good job as Clouseau.  Our “Worst Casting” choice for Movie Clip Wednesday.  Don’t even get me started on comparing the role to Peter Sellers, who at least had the accent and attitude down.  Some movies just should not be remade.  In it’s defense (if there is any defense for this awful movie) … at least they aren’t TRYING to be the original.

8 comments:

Boxer said...

ooooh, I can smell the stink lines. I love Steve Martin, but I stayed away from this one. Mr.Boxer went to the theater to see it and came home and only said "The horror!"

Why do they insist on remaking classics, only to pick actors who ruin it?

Great pick. Happy MCW!

Milk River Madman said...

Well done Pam. The remaking of these classic movies ony shows that Hollywod,like the Democrats, hasn't had an original thought in 30 years. Happy MCW.

Brit Gal Sarah said...

Couldn't agree more!

Buzz Kill said...

The whole Pink Panther series belonged to Sellers and should have died with him. I saw one of the remakes in the theater with the kids and they thought it was funny. But they've never seen the originals.

I believe everything and I believe nothing. I suspect everyone and I suspect no one. bwahahaha

Happy MCW!

moi said...

Yup. Agree all the way around. One of my favorite Steve Martin performances was one in which he actually wasn't supposed to be funny. Pennies From Heaven. Great film. Happy MCW!

Pam said...

Boxie: The Horror. Is right.

Milky: Heh. Absolutely.

Sarah: Also SOn of the Pink Panther with the Italian guy from Life Is Beautiful -- sucked badly too.

Buzzy: I'll have your stripes for this! Or ... Does your dogggg bite? That is not my dog!

Moi: I haven't seen that movie in ages but my fave with Steve Martin isn't a movie but old SNL skits -- the Armenian brothers, Arrow through the head .... that's the SM that I love.

Kymical Reactions said...

Oh yes. What a dud. Why oh why is hollywood remaking things from 20 years ago. Can't they think of something new??

Doom said...

At first, I was with you. That is, before I actually bothered to watch the show. I enjoyed it, if not so much as a re-make and more as it's own thing. A different movie, really. Still, I grok what you are saying and often share your sentiments.