Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fave Old Songs

MRM aka Crown on the Rocks posted some old videos of wonderful old songs, which got me to thinking about what music my parents did actually introduce me to back when I was young.  While I am sure I gave the Kymster the Beach Boys and Beatles, my parents gave to me a group called The Platters.  So am just sharing these wonderful old songs.  Do try to find a full version of Twilight Time, it is the fave of the fave.  The one below is just a clip but it was filmed in Paris in the ‘50s, which I thought was very special indeed.

 

ONLY YOU:

 

REMEMBER WHEN:

 

TWILIGHT TIME:

 

BEST KNOWN FOR THIS ONE PROBABLY – SMOKE GETS IN YOUR EYES:

1 comment:

Milk River Madman said...

Oh Pam! The Platters are awesome. "Smoke gets in your eyes" is one of my faves from the American Graffitti soundtrack. Just solid vocals. Thank you.