Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Girl Power

NEWS FLASH: No Haiku Visual this week. Taking a break and resting my brain!

Historic Governor's race now underway in Oklahoma!  It's a girl fight for the Governor's job. 
Both former Lieutenant Governors and former State House members, current U.S. Representative Mary Fallin faces Lt. Gov. Jari Askins for the top job. 


Mary fought off a tough Constitutional and states rights candidate in our former suite-mate Randy Brogdon and took 60% of the vote.  I knew Brogdon's voters would turn out but he never got past 40% or so.  Still, probably much closer than the "establishment" was comfortable with him receiving.


Meanwhile, Jari and her opponent, Drew Edmondson, were neck and neck all night.  If you think your vote doesn't count, look at this race.  I think her percentage was 50.4% to Drew's 49.6%.  Jari is likeable and inoffensive all around and might do well, especially with Barry Switzer's golden magic support of her.  I swear, whatever he touches turns to gold.  Ask Kymmie about her Switzer encounter, it is pretty funny. 


Now, my husband's "crush" on Mary Fallin is well known and documented.  May have to turn off the TV during campaign season.  I already know how he is going to vote.

5 comments:

moi said...

It's a Girl Fight for New Mexico's governorship, too! First time in our history . . .

Joanna Cake said...

I think it's brilliant that more and more women are appearing in US politics. Oprah for the next President :)

Pam said...

Moi: I did not know that! I will have to look them up. I'd vote for Moi!

Joanna: Not so much Oprah in office, but I do believe she has inspired a generation of women.

carmar76 said...

I'm all for women in politics. Except Hillary. I was not on the Hillary for President bandwagon. Of course, I wasn't really on the Sarah Palin for VP bandwagon, either, so...

But let's get another woman in the race for President/VP soon! I want a good candidate to support! : )

Pam said...

Carmy! Yes, normal people! Normal women! I'm for it.