Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday – Best Actor of the 1990’s.

 

movie clip pic

Not a tough subject for me but I did have a hard time narrowing it down.  So I give you TWO of my fave actors from the 1990’s in ONE movie.  L.A. Confidential starring Russell Crowe and Kevin Spacey!  LE SIGH!   Of course, I knew nothing of Russell before Gladiator and so was pleasantly surprised to look back and re-discover him in LA Confidential.  And this was before any **rumours** about Kevin Spacey were out and about, so to speak.

My fave Kevin Spacey movie?  Probably American Beauty. I love him in that.  The Annette Benning role is DIVINE.  I love her in this scene (tap tap tap).  PLUS, as an added extra bonus,  he buys a 1970 Pontiac Firebird during his mid-life crisis.  Please note my MCW post from last week and the photos of MY OWN 1970 Pontiac Firebird.  Are you sensing a theme with me here?  I had my doubts on whether American Beauty was an 90’s movie, but it is 1999, so I squeaked in with it here.

Oh wait, let me just post a pic of my own 1970 Pontiac Firebird.  I loved that car.  **SIGH**.

firebird 1

4 comments:

Milk River Madman said...

Great choices Pam. Annette Benning is GAS-O-LINE!! Should come up with a theme just to use her in it. She's no Diana Lane though. Oh, Kevin Spacey is a gret actor. Try to catch him in "Beyond the Sea" a gret biopic on Bobby Darrin. Happy MCW.

Joanna Cake said...

No arguments from over here and Annette Benning was just such a brilliant choice for his wife in American Beauty.

You know we agree on Russell Crowe. Even fat and slimy in a film we watched about terrorism in Iraq with Leo de Caprio. Senior moment - cant remember the title.

Karl said...

Good afternoon Pam,

I've only seen Kevin Spacey in L.A. Confidential, it was a good flick.

My favorite Russell Crowe was Master and Commander. I wish they would have continued on with a sequel as I'm a fan of Patrick O'brien's, Jack Aubrey.

Happy clip day!

Aunty Belle said...

Sigh....nice car!

I have been remiss in MCW...

Happy MCW