Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday – Best Twist to an Ending

movie clip pic 

Now this theme I didn’t have to think about – this was the first movie that popped into my mind.  A movie with an unexpected twist to the ending.  We went to see this in the theater when it first came out and no one knew what the twist was.  I can still (in my mind’s eye) hear the collective gasp! from the crowd when the secret is revealed.  And it was a packed theater too.  GASP!

You think the movie is about Irish terrorism.  You think!  The guy falls for the girlfriend of the victim.  Interesting stuff.   But that’s not what it was about all along.  I give you “The Crying Game” and I know all you guys will be creeped out.  Please forgive.

6 comments:

Pam said...

And look who the bartender is! Bridget Jones's father!

Boxer said...

Blog Jinx! Blog Jinx!!

Mr. Boxer has sooo many issues with the ending but we both list it as one of the best movies of 1992. I didn't think I'd jinx with ANYONE on this, but I'm oh, so glad I jinxed with you. You're so right about what we think it's really about. The story of the scorpion is one that still resonates with me nearly twenty years later.

Great pick and Happy MCW!

Milk River Madman said...

OK, now I definately have to watch it. Nice blog jinx ladies. I was predicting at least one with the "sixth sense" nice to see it on a different movie.

Karl said...

Good afternoon Pam,

After seeing your and Boxers clips. I will have to find this one, it looks interesting.

Are you hosting haiku tomorrow? If so, may I ask, what's the topic?

Joanna Cake said...

I've never watched this one either! Such sacrilege. I will try to rectify when I have time :)

Buzz Kill said...

I saw this movie but it was years after the original release so I knew what was coming. I remember never having seen Stephen Rea before but I could see he was in drag right off because I was looking for it. And I forgot Forest Whitaker was in this too.

Happy MCW!