Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Nephew is being deployed … AGAIN

Dinner with Nephew Erik (Sister Carole’s middle son) and his kids the ‘tother night …. a perfect Applebee’s occasion.  He is heading to IRAQ for the 4TH TIME.  That’s right.  You heard me.  THE FOURTH TIME.  I believe he said this one will be a twelve-month deployment.  So keep him on your prayer list for continued safety!!!

_DSC0017He drove a tank across the Euphrates during the march up to Baghdad way back when.  Not sure if he is still driving tanks now or not.  You’d think I would have asked.

  _DSC0020 My son-in-law is getting a little furry.

  _DSC0026 These kids are just the greatest.   So well behaved, so funny, so smart.  Such characters!

_DSC0028 _DSC0030 _DSC0032     Brothers._DSC0038 The cousins. 

At dinner, we let the kids have control of the little camera.  Hilarity ensued.  But some of their pics turned out quite interesting and with interesting composition and perspective.  And Krista learned a lesson in having the light behind you when you shoot.

  P1030128 P1030144 P1030147 P1030162 P1030171 P1030180 P1030183 P1030186 P1030188 P1030189 P1030196 P1030199 P1030209  P1030211 P1030214

9 comments:

carmar76 said...

what fun pictures! and oh my heck FOUR times? will keep him in prayer & thoughts!

chickory said...

God love him. May he be safe. May he be well. Let him return whole. Its too much to ask - 4 tours. but look at him...what a guy. and the children are so cute.

fishy said...

Please tell Nephew I am sending, thanks, respect and prayers his way.

Kudos to the family who , I am sure, offer continued emotional suport to his wife and children in his absence.

I think one of nephews kids looks a lot like Kym. I bet that one is your favorite.

Pam said...

Carmy: Yep four times. FOUR. FOUR. FOUR.

Chickieboom: Amen, you say just what I wish for him.

Fishy: Well, wish I could say the family thing was great. His wife is an ex-wife now and of course there was some drama while he was here. But having said that, lots of sacrifice going on so these kids are well cared for.

moi said...

My thoughts and prayers with you, your family, and with him for a safe tour. I'm a little confused, though; I thought the last of the troops are supposed to be out of there by end of this summer?

Pam said...

Moi, I think that is combat troops. Support troops = different story. I'm sure there is some way to Government it up.

Milk River Madman said...

Godspeed to him. Uncle Scott's son is heading for his fourth as well. Outstanding young men.

Karl said...

Good evening Pam,

A fine looking young man with a beautiful family. I wish him and them well.

Boxer said...

What a man. Big prayers for his family. God Bless Him.