Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday – Best Actor of your Lifetime

 

This one took some consideration.  Especially since I was out and about last night and might have imbibed a bit …. I wanted to think it over a bit before deciding on who to go with.  Criteria:  Someone who can lose themselves in a role.  Someone who you forget that you are watching an actor and are lost in the portrayal of the character.

Russell Crowe came to mind (and I love him); so did Brad Pitt, oddly enough (ever see Snatch?  I rest my case.)  At one time, it might have been Mel. 

But for someone who meets all the criteria … I went with Morgan Freeman.  And I should have chosen “Lean On Me”  maybe as one of those movies that you always stop to watch when channel surfing.

 

And the same goes for Shawshank Redemption.  Get busy living, or get busy dying.  Maybe the best quote EVER.

So, basically, if Morgan Freeman is in the movie, you can generally count on it being good.   Some cheese perhaps – Robin Hood?  But then some classics – Driving Miss Daisy.  Invictus.  Always good stuff from Mr. Freeman.

Happy Movie Clip Wednesday!  Pop over to Crown on the Rocks for more.

7 comments:

moi said...

Excellent choice! My favorite role of his was in Shawshank Redemption, too. Great movie, great part, greatly done.

Milk River Madman said...

Great choice and nothing I expected from you. Shawshank is a "stop the remote here" movie for me as well. I really liked him in Bucket List which BG made me watch. My favorite roll of his though is in "The Power of One". A great movie about apartheid. Friend Jimmy says its the best book he's ever read.

Buzz Kill said...

Well, I chose him as my actor for the 90s a few weeks back, so I'm right there with you. I could listen to him talk all day long.

Happy MCW!

Aunty Belle said...

yea!! Love Morgan Freeman--and that clip, is , amazin'!!

A lesser known role wuz the police detective in Along Came a Spider--great twist at end.

Happy MCW!

Brit Gal Sarah said...

I'd have picked Denzel, but I also agree about Morgan. I feel very differently about Russell Crowe though!

K9 said...

morgan just seems to radiate calm confidence. dude is seriously CHILL. i love it when he plays the president. i wish!

carmar76 said...

Oh, I love him, too! His voice is amazing, makes you stop & listen to anything he has to say. I can't even pick a favorite movie he's in, because if it's in it, I love it!