Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Changing Skyline of OKC

Thought I'd post a pic of the new skyscraper going up in downtown OKC. There on the right, just by the highway ... it is the Devon building. Going to be the tallest building eventually. This thing was just started back in July or thereabouts. I swear, I was downtown, looked out the window of that other tall building next to it, and you could see the ground had been scraped getting ready to build this new high rise. Can't believe it is going up so quick. Also thought I had a pic of the scraped-off area that I took back in July ... can't find it now. If I can, will update.

UPDATE:  Found it.  Pic below taken 7-21-2010.  Nothing done for the skyscraper except a bit of groundwork.  See that red patch of earth with the crane next to that tube-looking thingie (Botanical Gardens) .... In about four months, it is now higher than most other buildings in downtown OKC.  Will be posting about this in the future, as I drive by it every day on the way to work!  Next they will be relocating the highway (I-40) as it is unsafe for travel and is bound to collapse one day while I amon it.


Other than this, I got nuthin' this week. Been crazy bizzy. Extra work load. Taking pics. Minding my own bees-wax as much as possible. Getting over allergy season and a good case of the red-eyes.

Kymmie is doing well ... just keeping herself to herself also as she comes to terms with all the changes they are going to be facing! But there is a due date -- early July 2011. Say lots of prayers for healthy and happy babies, mommies and daddies. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

fishy said...

Babies? plural?

Pam said...

Nope, no plural. Just in general!

Kymical Reactions said...

Stop taking pictures while you are driving. Especially on flippin I-40.

My pregnancy hormones are starting to take over. On my way to work this morning, I saw a lady texting while she was driving. She was swerving all over her lane. I pulled up next to her, rolled down my window and pointed and yelled at her. I think she got the point.