Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Movie Clip Wednesday …. Best Coming of Age movie ….

 

Ooooh, so I had to think this subject over.  There are some classics with this theme.  Ferris Bueller.   I almost went with The Sandlot, but somehow thought Buzzy might have picked that one.  Almost chose another fave, The Breakfast Club.   But in the end, chose this one because it is from the girl’s point of view, which is/was unusual for this type of movie.  And also because I love this movie. 

The invisible little sister comes into her own in Sixteen Candles, an 80’s classic.  Who I forgot was in this movie … John Cusack as a young geeky guy.  This movie is just teenage perfection.

 

9 comments:

carmar76 said...

YES! yes yes yes!

every time i see this movie i notice something/someone new. love it! : )

Boxer said...

Breakfast Club was a good pick and so is Sixteen Candles. I'm not sure what I would have picked.

ANIMAL HOUSE? ahahahah.

Happy MCW!

Karl said...

Good morning Pam,

I don't know about the movie. I never saw it, but that clip was sure funny.

Happy clip day!

fishy said...

Wow!,
you could smell the hormones running amuck!

Milk River Madman said...

"Long, where's my automobile"
"Automobile? vrrooom vrroom LAKE!"

"No more yanky my wanky, the Donger needs food."

Pam said...

Carmy: Yes, all sorts of things going on in this movie. Lots of fun.

Boxie: Animal House is very classic indeed. The parade scene kills me every time.

Karl: Catch it sometime when it rolls around on cable. Definitely worth watching.

Fishy: Ack! Don't remind me of that time in a teen's life.

MRM: Long Duc. Best character name ever! Aww hewwo hotstuff!

Buzz Kill said...

The Donger and Farmer Ted are the best characters in this flick. I remember when Molly Ringwald was the "it" girl of the 80s. Now she can't get arrested. Great choice.

Happy MCW!

K9 said...

the best molly ringwald flick was pretty in pink which still kills. i love the whole thing of making the clothes from thrift store crap. she shouldve gotten on PR! but 16 candles is cool - i loved MAH in that - i know kids like that bopping around frenetic and nutty. i guess this was before parents resorted to ritalin and atavan for teen management. i was a high school teacher in my early 20's. it was interesting to watch teen drama from a vantage point not so far removed. awesome choice!
Happy MCW


btw. animal house RULES

see if you can guess, what i am now?

*blootft*

a zit! get it?


God bless and keep Belushi safe in your eternal arms.

Aunty Belle said...

Oh yes...this is a classic girl comin' of age selection. I would love to see yore clip--some reason it din't load.

ANd congrats on stat'es good polly ticks.