Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy New Year’s Eve

A little visit to the past.  Everyone is decorating their page and I had not a clue what to do with mine.  Then I remembered that pic of me and my pals one year …. dug out the album, and voile’ …. PAMOKC circa 1986 (my best guess).

First, let’s talk about my pink sweater.

NEW YEAR2

I still have it in the back of my closet.  I love/loved that sweater.  It was safe and comfortable.  I wore it all the time.  Obviously!  No wonder I was date-less for years.  I was wearing turtleneck sweaters to night clubs.  Yegads.  And I can guarantee that denim skirt I am wearing here was just about down to my ankles.  Frankly, not a come-hither vibe, was it?  Not compared to Miss Jingle Bells above or Miss Gold Lame’ Jacket. 

However, this particular New Year’s party … for some reason everyone went into My Friend Jamie’s closet and started changing clothes.

ny eve4

And if I happened to mention in a fairly recent blog post about a neighbor who thought he was cool enough to date me, well there he is creeping behind my shoulder.  In fact, this might be the party of the White Russians for which I am not responsible for my actions because I kept drinking to keep from dealing with him.  No wait, I don’t think it was.  But I digress.

ny eve5

This guy doing the Bob Macy impersonation?  Well, he was adorable.  And you have to be from OKC to know who Bob Macy was.  Anyway, this guy had moved on to bigger and better things down in Dallas and we were all jealous.  And then, a few years ago, he lost his mind and did a bad, bad thing.  I can’t even discuss.

ny eve3

The pink sweater?  Everyone and I do mean EVERYONE had it on that night.  But the only photos that exist are these above.  Jamie.  Doing a KJ impersonation.  KJ has actually won a Dolly Parton look-alike contest (and might even be distantly related to her – see pic #1 above) ….. but party balloons were added for effect.  I suppose wearing a turtleneck isn’t a problem if one is endowed like this?

mike

Mike.  This guy was the most eligible guy around at the time.  He’s still around and he’s still eligible.  In fact, we will probably see him THIS year on NY Eve.  I know we saw him last year!  Compare 1986 to 2009.  Jamie’s still after putting her arm around him, eh, eh, eh?   At least in 2009 he wasn’t sitting on her toilet.  Have absolutely no idea what is going on in that pic.  None whatsoever.  But he gets to combine NY Eve with his birthday every year.

nye 2009

She has a new man this year though, so Mike .. all clear, buddy.  All clear!

So tomorrow will see if I can round up some post dog-days NY Eve pics for the ol’ blog page.  Obviously, these are pre-husband days.  He hadn’t arrived on U.S. soil at this point. 

7 comments:

carmar76 said...

LOL these are great memories! happy almost new year, pam!! : )

Aunty Belle said...

Ho! A fun romp through New Year's Past!

Anyhooo-whas' WRONG wif' turtle necks and long denim skirts? Yore fellas doan have X_ray vision glasses????

Happy New Year PamOKC! (GrandPam?)

Troll said...

Grrhehrhahahahahahahahaa. Great blast-from-the-past here. Yeah, the "cool neighbor" definately wanted you.

happy NYE

Buzz Kill said...

Wait, so what were you wearing while everyone was trying on the pink sweater? Bwahahaha
The girl on the far right of the first picture looks like someone I use to date - but she deserved better. There are (thankfully) no pictures of me at New Years Eve parties.

chickory said...

This was so fun! I loved it. and yeah - you werent dressed for action like lame and bells. i gotta say -bells looks like big fun. Were you a schoolteacher then? cause at my school that was teacherwear. turtleneck and long jean skirt. thank god the 80's are over. Im dying to know what the bob macy impersonator did. went crazy? unspeakable? what! tell us!

great photos and blast from the past.

Pam said...

Carmy: Fun photos indeed! Happy new year to you!

Aunty: X-ray vision, yep, that's what they needed alright!

Troll: Glad you enjoyed. Embarassing Pam photos.

Buzzy: I was hoping someone else would share some embarassing NYE photos, guess it won't be you, eh?

Chicky: Oh. My. Gawd. Schoolteacher. Nope. But I got that all the time. ALL the time. "You look like a school teacher ..." Egads. Legal secretary in those days. Which was bad enough. You'll have to send me a private e-mail to discuss the Bob Macy guy. Jingle Bells gal has always been a lot of fun. Interestingly, as I'm on the subject .. if we three girls went out, it was the COWBOYS who hit on Bells; the Black guys always hit on KJ; and who did I get hit on by? Yep, you guessed it. The foreigners. Of course, I was wearing something much like a burka if you think about it.

moi said...

How in the heck did I miss this awesome post? The look on Miss Jingle Bells' face is priceless. And the image of you drinking and dodging Mr. Stalker dude all night long just cracks me up. Obviously, he was a sweater man!