Monday, January 03, 2011

Aliens Among Us? Or, Little Green Men at the Party

Remember a few days ago when I did the post about NY Eve Past?  And our friend Mike?  Who stands in this same place when there is a party at this particular house?

nye_2009_thumb[7] (Mike & Jamie = 2009/2010 NYE party)

Anyway, we did see Mike again this year.  Looking very dapper in a nice sweater vest with neon green lights strategically placed across his chest.  WAIT, WHAT IS IT?  WHAT THE HECK IS IT?  NEON GREEN LIGHTS???? 

I have spent two days now trying to figure this out.

mike

The neon green lights appear elsewhere in photos, too.  Here they are accompanying That British Guy as he enters the kitchen for more food.  Same shape and UFO formation, too, as on Mike’s sweater vest.

_DSC0053

And here is one of them playing with Rex The Dog.

_DSC0080

And here’s a couple of them relaxing on the sofa.

_DSC0054

Does anyone have a theory on these green spots?  I don’t believe they are sun flare, dust flare, or those regular floating orbs that you see sometimes in photos.

My camera shoots out a red laser light, not green, so I don’t believe it is from me or my Nikon.  I had the D90 with a 35mm lens attached.  Flash used sometimes and sometimes not.  Made no difference – green neons show up with and without flash.  Robert (the host)’s camera also had red laser beams, not green.  So I don’t think they had anything to do with the photography.

I have a theory, but am looking for input before I decide that Little Green Men came to our New Year’s Eve gathering ….   And yes, champagne might have been involved but I swear it had nothing to do with these specs.

4 comments:

Buzz Kill said...

I'm guessing it light reflection from the bright white lights in the background. The first 2 pics have four small lights similar to the candle chandalier in the back. The last 2 pics have single, bigger lights similar to the lamp. I'm no photographer (as I've proved numerous times) but that's what I think...or its poltergeists.

Aunty Belle said...

Camerageists, yeah, thas' it.

Least, nobody went thirsty.

Happy New Year!!

Karl said...

Good morning Pam,

I think Buzz may be on to it. The green may be from the prism effect.

Another thought, was a remote in use while the pictures were being taken? Remotes put out bursts of light the human eye I cannot see, yet they can be picked up by a camera.

If I have an already said it. Happy New Year to you and yours!

moi said...

What Buzz and Karl said. Makes the most sense to me.