Friday, February 25, 2011

The Fam - Pre-Pam

Ran across some old family pics and am getting inspired to do some more scanning of these types of things ... this pic got a lot of comments from the family over on the Facebook page.  I uploaded a few family pics because my Uncle Ernie (far right) just signed up and how cool is it that he did.

Mom and dad are center ... this is mom's family ... her two sisters and their husbands, and their mom and dad (my grandmother and grandpa).  By the way, that is Sister Carole in grandpa's arms.  Unique pic because Grandmother and Grandpa divorced soon after this pic was taken.  I never knew them together and grew up thinking that everyone had three grandpas.  Scandal in 1957, for sure!  

Meanwhile, those sisters.  Gorgeous ladies.  GORGEOUS.  Aunt Dolly (right) is STYLISH indeed.  Aunt Claire-Mae (left) -- uh, June Cleaver, anyone?  I mean really. 

It is strange to be so much older NOW than they were THEN. 


The kids are:  Monty, David, Steve, Phil, Brenda, Randy, Carole.  Missing:  Roger and Pam (as usual)



Missing now:  Grandmother, Grandpa, Mom, Dad, Claire-Mae, Monty, Steve, Randy.   Wow.

2 comments:

moi said...

I'm one of those weirdos who, whenever my boyfriends' moms would trot out the family photo albums, would actually, truly be interested. I'm still like that. What a handsome couple your mom and pop are; and I want to steal Aunt Dolly's look. As well as the little feller up front in the plaid shirt. He's cute like a puppy!

Pam said...

Awwww, thanks Moi! This is a weekend with the ol' family in mind .. more on that later. The older I get, the more I appreciate the old pics. Am thinking of doing a new blog just for the pics since I have ended up as keeper of the albums for some reason.