Wednesday, February 16, 2011

MOVIE CLIP WEDNESDAY - BROADWAY TO FILM Oliver! - Food, Glorious Food

Gotta be quick this morning due to schedule. Could have gone with the obvious (ahem, you all know what that would be), but thought I'd go with the first movie musical I saw that I actually liked. When this came out, I was about the age of the boys in the movie. So of course, paid much more attention. This + Beatles the beginning of things-English for Pam? Maybe, probably not. But I remember seeing this at the Park Terrace theater with my mom (sister there? can't remember). Back before it was turned into a twin theater and before it was in the 'hood.

Anyway, here is OLIVER. Please, sir, can I have some more?

7 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, and that theater now, I believe, is a Mexican nightclub.

moi said...

I wasn't long out of the womb when this first came out, but I remember it vividly. Mark Lester was one of my first Baby Moi crushes, along with Sidney Poitier in To Sir With Love. Funny, how I can remember something from a gazillion years ago, but I'll be danged if I can remember where I put my car keys yesterday.

At any rate, great choice. Oliver still holds up today. Happy MCW!

Boxer said...

this is one of Mr.Boxer's all time favorite movies and I'm ashamed to admit I've never seen it all the way through although every clip I ever see of it is good. Me thinks it's time to sit down and give it a proper watch.

Great pick. Thanks for playing on what sounds like a busy day for you.

Happy MCW!

Milk River Madman said...

I remember watching this on the old RCA back on 4th Avenue. I wasn't into musicals back then and could never follow the stories but the "Please sir, can I have some more." line has always stuck with me.

Happy MCW.

Joanna Cake said...

This would have been one of my top three! I grew up on Oliver and know all the words to Food Glorious Food... despite being a confirmed anorexic at the time :)

Buzz Kill said...

I'm pretty sure I saw this at a drive-in when it came out. And Shani Wallis as Nancy was really hot. But aren't all women when your a young boy?

Happy MCW!

chickory said...

classic and perfect choice for you. The cinematography is excellent. happy MCW