Monday, March 14, 2011

Just can't bear it ...

Will be out of pocket for a couple of days so will miss Haiku Monday.  Will try to be back for Movie Clip Wednesday.  No Spring Break for this weary worker!

Have just been unable to watch the news this weekend.  After having spent weeks glued to the tube after the OKC bombing, the 9-11 attacks, numerous and varied tornado warnings ... I just choose not to take on watching about Japan 24/7.  My heart breaks so much, but I'm afraid it is more than I can bear.  I take on the pain of others in strange ways and know it will affect me.  Am choosing to watch just the little updates in our local news, lest I become obsessed.

Comfort is found in the knowledge that this old world will just keep on turning. 

5 comments:

Brit Gal Sarah said...

I know, it just makes the heart heavy and there really isn't anything we can do to help directly.

Milk River Madman said...

The world will heal and so will Japan. Hopefully faster than anyone expects.

K9 said...

help anything you can in your proximity, its the same thing in a way. hang in there baby

Boxer said...

I've been watching the BBC website because they don't make you watch commercials before videos... I had to stop. It's just too much to process and what good does it do? Not much. I think there's a point when we don't need to see everything. The Japanenese culture is old and strong and they will heal, but.... it makes me so sad. I hope you're out doing things that make Pam happy and healthy.

moi said...

S.B. rants and raves at the stupidity of the coverage, especially the nuclear stuff because of the attempt to make it look like a man-made problem. This annoys me terribly, even though he is right. The news is so deep bone tragic, I can't even comprehend how people keep going after something like this, and yelling at the stupid news anchors is so beyond the point. I figure the best we can do is write a check to the red cross and say our prayers.