Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OKC Thunder–Outside the Lines Story

Our OKC Thunder are in the NBA playoffs!  Now, I’m not particularly a basketball fan but I do love any sport at play-off time. 

This video is making the rounds on FB and elsewhere and I thought it was definitely worth sharing.  If you have a few minutes, watch “our” story.  A bit of our heart here in OKC.

Plus, at the 4.27 mark, you see my cousin Phil’s son (Kevin) and daughter-in-law  … they are the ones behind the rail (probably holding beers, as one should in such a situation) …

Poignant.  But missing in the story and what just occurred to me as I post this  … the film crew caught an OKC bombing side-story that they didn’t even know about.  Kevin’s uncle, my cousin Randy, was one of those firemen who worked non-stop clearing the bomb site, by hand, using five gallon buckets to gather the debris.

Anyway, before I get all melancholy here, I’ll just change the mood and say…

THUNDER UP!

6 comments:

carmar76 said...

Go Thunder! :) Because as we all know, Thor is my favorite mythical god & he is the god of thunder. Woot! And that's neat that you have family in the vid!

Hope you're having a great week, Pam!

moi said...

Oklahoma is like a second home to us, so you KNOW S.B. and I have been watching. And pulling for the Thunder! Great story, too.

Kymical Reactions said...

I'm such a Thunder fan. It's so exciting to see our state get behind something other than football.

*\o/* Go Thunder Go!! *\o/*

Boxer said...

OOOOOOH, so conflicted. Seattle still believes the Sonics (now Thunder) were stolen from us and there was just a news story yesterday of a group working to get them back. I think OKC loves them more. So, I'm quiety pulling for them.

shhhhhhh...

Pam said...

Carmy: So, have you seen the movie then? If you have a favorite mythical god, he might as well be Thor!

Moi: Thanks for the THunder support! Looking pretty good tonight for them ... almost to the end and they are in the lead.

Kymmie: Who gets their tweets posted on the billboard then?

Boxie: Don't be conflicted! Maybe those folks just want them back because they are doing so well? Besides, you can't have 'em back! Now off to watch the end of the game!

carmar76 said...

i did see the movie right when it opened! : ) i liked it a lot, too. i think they've done an amazing job w/ all the marvel movies... : )