Monday, November 21, 2011

Don’t Cry For Me, Il Divo

I admit to purchasing this CD:  

Wicked Game

And strangely, for someone who is uncomfortable in a foreign country where I don’t speak the language, and for someone who gets sick of voices at work and doesn’t want to hear them in the car on the way home, there is something about these four voices singing popular songs in a operatic style that just … feeds my soul? 

And the one song on the album that surprises me is this:

 

Don’t Cry For Me, Argentina.  It is a woman’s song.  I don’t even know what the musical Evita is all about.   But I have been listening to this song over and over and over in the car on my commute.  If you watch the video, please ignore bossy blonde hostess and snarky male hosts.  I didn’t see this episode but it is the best I could come up with for video.

Anyway, I have not much else today.  Fighting the blues.  Reconfiguring the new PC that I had to buy even though I didn’t want to … the other one just couldn’t be saved.  The weather is rainy.  Dark and rainy. 

But don’t cry for me.

4 comments:

fishy said...

Oh-oh

Pam,
this is one of the most powerful pieces of music ever. Ever! But these guys just do not do it justice. Definitely get yourself a copy of the original. It is cathartic.

Don't be sad.
Hugs from a fish

Pam said...

Fishy: The listening on the CD is better than this video. I am loving it for some strange reason.

carmar76 said...

*HUGS*

also, i almost bought the Il Divo christmas album, but went w/ Michael Buble instead... : )

Boxer said...

we're in the monsoon season.... a record 4 inches of rain today and driving to work I considering going to the airport to escape it. if hearing beautiful music lifts your spirits, then I think it was a good purchase. Last Saturday while working in the shop, I played the entire original sound track to Evita - it can bring me to tears.