Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Moi's MEME

Have been super busy this week, ignoring the blog in favor of mindless Pinterest and Words with Friends .... so just saw this last night.   These are questions to me (and others) from Moi.  Since I've been so busy, I am just going to answer and not spread the meme around!   Thanks, Ms. Moi, this was a fun one.

1. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun or The Boys Are Back in Town?
              BOTH, but mostly The Boys are Back in Town.  Love that song.  If that girl don't want to go, forget her!  Plus it reminds me of every time I let Sterling and Lewis back in the house after an  outdoor escapade.

2. Camping or the Ritz?
            THE RITZ.  Without question.  I don't camp.  I might Motel 6.  I might Days Inn.  I might doily it up at a B&B.  But, I don't camp.  Don't even want to try it.  Have tried it, didn't like it.  At this stage of my life, I'd rather stay home than camp.

3. What food are you craving RIGHT NOW . . . did you eat it?
           CRABCAKES.  Kymmie and I had them last week on our Friday lunch.  We've both been craving ever since.  If I had one right now, I'd have it for breakfast.  Might have to go there again tomorrow.

4. The most thrilling place you've ever visited. Why?
          ROME.  Without question.  The husband was there on business, among elsewhere on a trip he was doing.  But I got to fly over to meet up with him for seven days in ROME.  It was the most fabulous week.  Early June.  The weather was perfect.  I thought things in England were ancient, but then we went to ROME.  One or two places in my life speak to my soul, and Rome is one of them.  Just park me at the Pantheon and come get me in a few hours, okay?

5. If you could slip into the skin of one public figure--celebrity, artist, politician--who would it be?
         HMMMMM.  Not sure about this one.  Although I wouldn't mind having the figure of Angelina.  But she kind of creeps me out, so I wouldn't actually pick her.  So will pick some nameless person that I don't know who it is, but is a woman with independent style and wealth, very philanthropic, able to pick and choose projects she would like to help based on their relevance to her belief system.  Yeah.  That person.  Whoever she is.

7. Look up from your computer. What do you see?
        I WILL DO YOU ONE BETTER.  Here are some photos of what I see when I look up from my desk.  First is an original vintage '60's art by Oklahoma artist, John Free.  


Next is a print of a scene on Lake Hefner in OKC, by artist Linda Tuma Robertson.  This was the Arts Festival print one year.  Worked with her on a couple of projects.  Super lady.  She paints big.


And here is the view out of the office door.  Now you know why I need to create a little window in the form of artwork.  Because there is no window near me. 


8. Sum up your philosophy of life in one sentence. You can borrow it from someone else, if you'd like.
     Borrowed from "The Jet God" ..... philosophy is:  "It isn't about the destination, it is all about the ride."  Coupled with "Our Plan is to Have No Plan."

9. The one thing you just don't understand about kids today.
        Lack of skills on interacting with actual people.  I put my hand over a guy's phone today and told him that I was going to force him to interact with the people in the elevator.  Not sure it was appreciated.

10. If you could steal one work of art from a museum or gallery, which would it be?
          CALL ME CRAZY, but the first thing that came to mind was this --- the dancing bears.  I love these dancing bears.


11. Regular toothbrush or electric?
                   REGULAR, and change it regularly also.

9 comments:

moi said...

THE RITZ. Without question. I don't camp. I might Motel 6. I might Days Inn. I might doily it up at a B&B. But, I don't camp. Don't even want to try it. Have tried it, didn't like it. At this stage of my life, I'd rather stay home than camp.

Bwahahahahahaha! We were separated at birth.

Rome, huh? So you didn't find it nasty, stinky, and crowded? So many people do, but I chose to ignore all that and go, "Guys! It's freakin' ROME!"

Brava to you for schimpfing Elevator Boy. These days, I get bothered by something, 9 times out of 10, I let fly. Life's now too short to let rude behavior go.

Pam said...

Moi: Re Rome. No, we didn't find it that way at all. We had a glorious week there. So glorious, in fact, that we don't feel we can ever go back because there is no way it could be as good ever again. Totally magical. Maybe we had missed tourist season a bit. Yes, crowded at Trevi Fountain, but that was expected.

I haven't gotten my nerve up to schimpf on another young gal who walks into this very public building wearing her IPOD ear buds. People have whole conversations with her before they realize she is plugged in and not just rude. Which is ... just rude.

troll said...

#3. Crabcakes for breakfast aren't at all unusual in Troll County.

#9. Grrrherhahhahahahahahahaha!

carmar76 said...

RIGHT ON about the camping. i have (several) friends who just loooove to camp, and all summer long they go from campground to campground. but give me A/C, a fluffy king sized bed, and indoor plumbing you don't have to dump before moving the camper, and i'm good. i'll go sit for awhile & kvetch, but that's about it!

Buzz Kill said...

I was in Rome about 25 years ago. The thing I remember most is that everyone drove a Fiat, you could park them ANYWHERE and they were all trying to run me over. I don't remember it being very dirty, like Venice. The canals were dirty and smelled terrible.

I would go crazy if I didn't have a window to look out.

moi said...

Plus, you have to love a culture that's basically, "Ciao, baby, let's go eat." all of the time. ++ the men really have style. Not that they aren't also a literal and figurative pain in the ass, but man, do they look good while making you want to kill them.

Pam said...

Carmy: Totally agree about A/C. And a shower. Gotta have it. I am no Pioneer.

Buzzy: When you are "support staff" like me, well, no window for you! Have you seen those new Fiats? I might consider. Rome was the first place where we saw Smart Cars though.

Moi: There is a scene I replay once in a while in my head. Was in Nice, waiting on the guys to get back with the rental car. Sitting in my all-American white sneakers and blue jeans on a little bench near the Hertz office. When some VERy smartly dressed men (Italian or French, couldn't tell, but very suave and swarthy) ... came by and stole all the energy in the air. Whomp, could they wear a suit. Just can't describe it.

moi said...

I know exactly what you mean. When I was 18, I did an extended tour of the Continent, which included four weeks staying at the guest cottage of a family friend's home in Cannes, a few hop, steps, and jumps from the Croisette. Let's just say, American men versus French/Italian men style-wise? No comparison. But that was a while ago, so maybe they, too, have slobbified.

Also, that Mediterranean beach lifestyle? I ever get rich, that's where I go.

Pam said...

Moi, I'm with you. Once I get past the language barrier. Plus I know a nice little two bedroom flat that a family member owns and we've been told anytime we want to base out there, come on over. SIGH SIGH SIGH.