Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Night Randomness

Just moving this page on a bit.  It's Saturday night after a lazy, lazy day.

1.   This afternoon, watched "The Way" with Martin Sheen, about a man's journey on the Santiago de Compestola (sp?) ...  and thought of Aunty walking this trek.  And then I felt even lazier.  But a good movie, if a bit drawn out in an Under the Tuscan Sun or Eat Pray Love kind of way.  Politics aside, I have always liked Martin Sheen as an actor.  Plus, a guy that I used to work with actually married a girl from this place in Spain and now lives there.  Such a small world.  I had never even heard of the place until Aunty started talking about it on her blog.

2.   Work.  It be a'changing.   In a big, big way.  Exciting, yes.  I'm sure that I will be having a "holy heck, what have I done to myself" moment soon enough.  Re-entering Corporate America after many years in State Government is sure to be an eye-opener.  But I've done it before.  I'm not afraid of change.  And money isn't the only consideration.  I took one job before strictly for a little more money and it was a big mistake.  In this case, there are a few other things in play with this job change.  One is being about me having a say-so in my own future.  I will share more as I come to terms with it all!

3.  Saw Baby Caleb yesterday and took some pics.  He is eight months old now!  Growing like a weed.  It is like his time is being wasted being a baby.  I think he is going to be a mover and a shaker.  He's got things to do and wants to get started.



4.  Kymmie is doing good.  Seems to be coming out of shell-shock.  Heh.  Motherhood.  It isn't for wimps.  Especially with this big boy.  She better get her wits sharpened up because he is quick and quick-witted.

5.    Wind.  Spring in Oklahoma, what can I say?

6.   That's it.  Can't think of any more. 




5 comments:

moi said...

Thought of you Friday night. OKC's mayor was a guest on Bill Maher. He did himself proud.

But it looks like your days of filtering the crazy are OVER! I'm so thrilled for you and proud that you're taking on a new career challenge. Looking forward to the reports.

Caleb looks like a savvy one, that's for sure. Glad that Kymmie is doing well. Tell her hello.

Other than that: wind. Spring in New Mexico. What can I say? It's an I-40 cooridor thang.

Troll said...

That's a cute kid. Congrats on the new career challenge!

Pam said...

Moi: Mayor Mick was on Maher? Well, he is a former local news guy, so am sure he could handle himself. No more crazies is another point in the plus column, let me tell you! Also, not being cornered by a mob of angry school teachers. And being able to get to the restroom on AARP day. Caleb is fantastic. So entertaining!

Troll: He IS a cute kid. Thanks for noticing :)

fishy said...

All your news sounds cheery ... well maybe not the wind from Oklahoma or your Big Boy! Godspeed.

Milk River Madman said...

Great "randomness" loved it. Caleb is a big boy. He needs a sibling to either pick on (another boy) or protect (a beautiful girl) time is a wasting Kym.