Sunday, May 06, 2012

Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease -- Health & Wellness -- Sott.net

A man I know through my former job posted this on FB recently.  Finally had a chance to read it and I am totally on board with this theory.  It goes along with my theory (which Auntie supported) that the way food is modified and processed is what is leading to illness and obesity.   Food that is processed with ammonia absolutely must cause a reaction in the body somehow.  This doctor talks about sugar and the like, but I think it goes way beyond that.  Inflamation of the body is the problem -- and what causes the inflamation probably varies between different people.  Some tolerate gluten, others do not.  Am glad to read an article supporting my developing theories.  Thank you, Mark Liotta, for sharing this on FB.

Heart Surgeon Speaks Out On What Really Causes Heart Disease -- Health & Wellness -- Sott.net: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/242516-Heart-Surgeon-Speaks-Out-On-What-Really-Causes-Heart-Disease

3 comments:

chickory said...

100% agree. like cigarettes, there are additives that make certain foods more addictive. V bought some 45 calorie a slice bread. I could taste the sugar in it. I showed him how it was listed as the second ingredient even. All dopamine, not much nutrition. You have to really work at getting nutritious real food. it is a scheme, and youre right to understand what is partially causing the obesity problem. the other part is portions and a culture that cannot buy enough goods or eat enough food to ever feel satisfied thats what needs self reflection.

Curmudgeon said...

I agree. I also believe anything if you add sugar to it will cause cancer.

Put A Ring on Me said...

very helpful!